Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- To The Lighthouse
- By the Pricking of My Thumbs
- The Hound of Death and Other Stories (a collection of 12 short stories)
- Dust (a Kay Scarpetta novel)
- Illustrated English Social History, Volume 3: The Eighteenth Century
G. M. Trevelyan
- Dubliners (a collection of 15 short stories)
- The Killing Doll
Katie MullhollandCatherine Cookson
Set against a Tyneside background, this novel features an illegitimate girl who made a rich and powerful impression on all the men and women around her, forging an empire for herself amidst the coalmines and shipyards, founding a dynasty in defiance of social conventions.
This well-crafted novel by a master storyteller weaves the spellbinding tale of beautiful Katie Mulholland, who began life as the daughter of a miner. The life of a miner in class conscious, mid-nineteenth century England was fraught with poverty, and Katie was forced to go into service at a tender age in order to help her family. Her story begins in 1860 when, aged fifteen, she finds a job in a manor house, as a scullery maid for the Rosier family, who are members of the local gentry and owners of the mine for which her father works.