Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- How to Work Wonders: Your Guide to Workplace Wellness
- G. B. Shaw: A Collection of Critical Essays
- Fall of the House of Windsor
Nigel Blundell & Susan Blackhall
- Elizabethan Drama: Modern Essays in Criticism
edited by Ralph J. Kaufmann
- City of Bones * Chasing the Dime (2 novels in one book)
- By Any Means Necessary: America's Secret Air War - the stunning investigation into America's top-secret air war against the commmunist bloc
- Business and the Beautiful Game: How You Can Apply the Skills and Passion of Football to Be a Winner in Business
Theo Theobald, Cary Cooper
Katie MullhollandCatherine Cookson
Set against a Tyneside background, this novel features an illegitimate girl who made a rich and powerful impression on all the men and women around her, forging an empire for herself amidst the coalmines and shipyards, founding a dynasty in defiance of social conventions.
This well-crafted novel by a master storyteller weaves the spellbinding tale of beautiful Katie Mulholland, who began life as the daughter of a miner. The life of a miner in class conscious, mid-nineteenth century England was fraught with poverty, and Katie was forced to go into service at a tender age in order to help her family. Her story begins in 1860 when, aged fifteen, she finds a job in a manor house, as a scullery maid for the Rosier family, who are members of the local gentry and owners of the mine for which her father works.