Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Mill House (How far would you go to hide the truth?)
- Brown Owl's Guide to Life
- Early Victorian Britain, 1832-1851
J. F. C. Harrison
- Harrison Ford
Ethlie Ann Vare, Mary Toledo
- How to Paint and Draw: A Complete Course on Practical and Creative Techniques (duży format)
- How They Lived, 1485-1700: An Anthology of Original Accounts Written Between 1485 and 1700
Molly Harrison and O. M. Royston
- Introducing Shakespeare (1941)
G. B. Harrison
Katie MullhollandCatherine Cookson
Set against a Tyneside background, this novel features an illegitimate girl who made a rich and powerful impression on all the men and women around her, forging an empire for herself amidst the coalmines and shipyards, founding a dynasty in defiance of social conventions.
This well-crafted novel by a master storyteller weaves the spellbinding tale of beautiful Katie Mulholland, who began life as the daughter of a miner. The life of a miner in class conscious, mid-nineteenth century England was fraught with poverty, and Katie was forced to go into service at a tender age in order to help her family. Her story begins in 1860 when, aged fifteen, she finds a job in a manor house, as a scullery maid for the Rosier family, who are members of the local gentry and owners of the mine for which her father works.