Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Jaguar Smile: A Nicaraguan Journey
- The Bodyguard's Story: Diana, the Crash and the Sole Survivor (The No.1 international bestseller), duży format
- Hideaway (the international bestseller)
- Celtic Magic Tales
Liam Mac Uistin
- The Pallisers: The Prime Minister
- The French Dancer's Bastard: The Story of Adele from "Jane Eyre" (an intriguing modern take on Bronte's popular masterpiece)
- Net Force
Katie MullhollandCatherine Cookson
Set against a Tyneside background, this novel features an illegitimate girl who made a rich and powerful impression on all the men and women around her, forging an empire for herself amidst the coalmines and shipyards, founding a dynasty in defiance of social conventions.
This well-crafted novel by a master storyteller weaves the spellbinding tale of beautiful Katie Mulholland, who began life as the daughter of a miner. The life of a miner in class conscious, mid-nineteenth century England was fraught with poverty, and Katie was forced to go into service at a tender age in order to help her family. Her story begins in 1860 when, aged fifteen, she finds a job in a manor house, as a scullery maid for the Rosier family, who are members of the local gentry and owners of the mine for which her father works.