Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- Blue Shoes and Happiness
Alexander McCall Smith
- The Five Orange Pips and Other Cases (a collection of 10 short stories)
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix
J. K. Rowling
- Digital Fortress (#1 New York Times bestseller)
- The Pact (Can we ever really know our children?)
- The Slave Trade: The History of the Atlantic Slave Trade, 1440-1870
Mansfield ParkJane Austen
First published in 1814, this is a study of three families - the Bertrams, the Crawfords and the Prices - in which Jane Austen uses the unlikely heroine, Fanny Price, to explore the social and moral values by which these families' lives are ordered.
From its sharply satiric opening sentence, Mansfield Park deals with money and marriage, and how strongly they affect each other. Shy, fragile Fanny Price is the consummate "poor relation." Sent to live with her wealthy uncle Thomas, she clashes with his spoiled, selfish daughters and falls in love with his son. Their lives are further complicated by thearrival of a pair of witty, sophisticated Londoners, whose flair for flirtation collides with the quiet, conservative country ways of Mansfield Park.