Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Jaguar Smile: A Nicaraguan Journey
- The Bodyguard's Story: Diana, the Crash and the Sole Survivor (The No.1 international bestseller), duży format
- Hideaway (the international bestseller)
- Celtic Magic Tales
Liam Mac Uistin
- The Pallisers: The Prime Minister
- The French Dancer's Bastard: The Story of Adele from "Jane Eyre" (an intriguing modern take on Bronte's popular masterpiece)
- Net Force
The Summer of the Danes: The Eighteenth Chronicle of Brother Cadfael - a mediaeval whodunnitEllis Peters
In the summer of 1144, a strange calm has settled over England. The armies of King Stephen and Empress Maud, the two royal cousins contending for the throne, have temporarily exhausted each other.
On the whole, Brother Cadfael considers peace a blessing. Still, a little excitement never comes amiss to a former soldier and Cadfael is delighted to accompany his young friend, Brother Mark, on a mission of church diplomacy to his native Wales.
But shortly after their arrival, the two monks are caught up in yet another royal feud. The Welsh prince Owain Gwynedd has banished his brother Cadwaladr, accusing him of the treacherous murder of an ally. The reckless Cadwaladr has retaliated by landing an army of Danish mercenaries, poised to invade Wales and retake his lost lands.
As the two armies teeter on the brink of bloody civil war, Cadfael is captured by the Danes. His fellow prisoner is a headstrong young woman fleeing an arranged marriage -- or perhaps her involvement in a murder at Owain's camp. But before Cadfael can untangle the passions that led to one death, he has to survive the brotherly quarrel that could plunge an entire kingdom into deadly chaos.