Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- Great Royal Romances, The Love Affairs That Shaped History: Part 3 - Queen Victoria and Prince Albert (duży format)
- At the Prince's Pleasure (Royally Bedded, Legally Wedded * Crowned: An Ordinary Girl * The Royal Baby Bargain - 3 Harlequin romances in one volume)
Julia James, Natasha Oakley, Robyn Donald)
- The Queen's Silver Jubillee (duży format)
- The President and the Supreme Court: New Deal to Watergate
John D. Lees
- The New Golden Treasury of English Verse: The Most Comprehensive Survey of English Poetry in Paperback
chosen by Edward Leeson
- Sleeping Beauties
- I Can Make You Sleep
Little DorritCharles Dickens
Upon its publication in 1857, Little Dorrit immediately outsold any of Dickens's previous books. The story of William Dorrit, imprisoned for debt in Marshalsea Prison, and his daughter and helpmate, Amy, or Little Dorrit, the novel charts the progress of the Dorrit family from poverty to riches.
As for many of Dickens' novels, highlighting social injustices is at the heart of Little Dorrit. His father was imprisoned for debt, and Dickens' shines a spotlight on the fate of many who are unable to repay a debt when the ability to seek work is denied. Amy Dorrit is the youngest daughter of a man imprisoned for debt and is working as a seamstress for Mrs Clennam when Arthur Clennam crosses her path. Will the sweet natured Amy win Arthur's heart? And will they ever escape the shadow of debtors' prison?