Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- Daily Sketches: A Cartoon History of British Twentieth-Century Politics (1978)
- Clinton: The President They Deserve
- Sycamore Row (duży format)
- Einstein's Underpants and How They Saved the World
- How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You: 85 Proven Techniques for Success
- Theodore Boone (the No. 1 international bestseller)
- A New Lease of Death (an Inspector Wexford mystery)
Little DorritCharles Dickens
Upon its publication in 1857, Little Dorrit immediately outsold any of Dickens's previous books. The story of William Dorrit, imprisoned for debt in Marshalsea Prison, and his daughter and helpmate, Amy, or Little Dorrit, the novel charts the progress of the Dorrit family from poverty to riches.
As for many of Dickens' novels, highlighting social injustices is at the heart of Little Dorrit. His father was imprisoned for debt, and Dickens' shines a spotlight on the fate of many who are unable to repay a debt when the ability to seek work is denied. Amy Dorrit is the youngest daughter of a man imprisoned for debt and is working as a seamstress for Mrs Clennam when Arthur Clennam crosses her path. Will the sweet natured Amy win Arthur's heart? And will they ever escape the shadow of debtors' prison?