Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- To The Lighthouse
- By the Pricking of My Thumbs
- The Hound of Death and Other Stories (a collection of 12 short stories)
- Dust (a Kay Scarpetta novel)
- Illustrated English Social History, Volume 3: The Eighteenth Century
G. M. Trevelyan
- Dubliners (a collection of 15 short stories)
- The Killing Doll
The Jaguar Smile: A Nicaraguan JourneySalman Rushdie
In this brilliantly focused and haunting portrait of the people, the politics, the land, and the poetry of Nicaragua, Salman Rushdie brings to the forefront the palpable human facts of a country in the midst of a revolution.
Rushdie went to Nicaragua in 1986, harboring no preconceptions of what he might find. What he discovered was overwhelming: a culture of heroes who had turned into inanimate objects and of politicians and warriors who were poets; a land of difficult, often beautiful contradictions. His perceptions always heightened by his special sensitivity to “the views from underneath,” Rushdie reveals a land resounding with the clashes between history and morality, government and individuals.