Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Chinaman
- Divine Justice (the #1 New York Times bestseller)
- The Queen's Fool
- The Old Fool's Retirement Guide
Rob Davies, David Berger
- The Motley Fool UK Investment Guide: How the Fools beat the City's Wise men and how you can too (duży format)
- King of Fools: The Startling New Portrait of the Duke of Windsor
- Holy Fools (the number one bestseller)
The Last Juror (bestseller)John Grisham
In 1970, one of Mississippi's more colorful weekly newspapers, The Ford County Times, went bankrupt. To the surprise and dismay of many, ownership was assumed by a 23 year-old college dropout, named Willie Traynor. The future of the paper looked grim until a young mother was brutally raped and murdered by a member of the notorious Padgitt family. Willie Traynor reported all the gruesome details, and his newspaper began to prosper.
The murderer, Danny Padgitt, was tried before a packed courthouse in Clanton, Mississippi. The trial came to a startling and dramatic end when the defendant threatened revenge against the jurors if they convicted him. Nevertheless, they found him guilty, and he was sentenced to life in prison. But in Mississippi in 1970, "life" didn't necessarily mean "life," and nine years later Danny Padgitt managed to get himself paroled. He returned to Ford County, and the retribution began.