Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Chinaman
- Divine Justice (the #1 New York Times bestseller)
- The Queen's Fool
- The Old Fool's Retirement Guide
Rob Davies, David Berger
- The Motley Fool UK Investment Guide: How the Fools beat the City's Wise men and how you can too (duży format)
- King of Fools: The Startling New Portrait of the Duke of Windsor
- Holy Fools (the number one bestseller)
Softly Grow the Poppies (her epic saga of love and war)Audrey Howard
Rose Beechworth is mistress of a charming country house - her own, left to her by her wealthy father. In the summer of 1914, she is not even looking for love.
Alice Weatherly turns Rose's world upside down. The loveable young heiress longs to kiss Captain Charlie Summers goodbye - she takes Rose to Liverpool's Lime Street station and into the heart of Charlie's brother Harry. Even though they are neighbours, they have never met, for Rose ignores the social round, while Harry's time is taken up desperately attempting to keep his father's ramshackle estate together. When he inherits Summer Place, a magnificent mansion with a proud history, he gladly lets it become a hospital for wounded soldiers.
As the war takes its terrible toll and Charlie disappears into the fog of battle, Alice - the spoilt runaway heiress - becomes a heroine, while Rose finds herself running two great houses. It seems impossible that any of them can ever find happiness again.