Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Bourne Dominion (Who can Jason Bourne trust...?)
- Hannibal: The Return of Hannibal Lecter
- Pop Goes the Weasel (No.1 international bestseller)
- Gallows Thief (An actress, a countess... an appointment with death.)
- Cat and Mouse (the No.1 international bestseller)
- Sharpe's Rifles
- Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (the No.1 bestseller)
The Sound of TrumpetsJohn Mortimer
The Sound of Trumpets is the third installment in The Rapstone Chronicles, and John Mortimer's social savvy dazzles once again. With the literary brilliance of Anthony Trollope and the savage wit of Christopher Buckley, Mortimer skewers political friends and foes with equal grace.
In this cunning portrait of the British class system and parliamentary politics, it is the new Labour government that bears the brunt of Mortimer's clever jabs. The merciless, avaricious antihero of Titmuss Regained and Paradise Postponed, Leslie Titmuss MP, has been deposed and the excess and greed of the 1980s have vanished. Paradise is here--in the form of Terry Flitton, a deadly accurate incarnation of the new centrist politician only too familiar on both sides of the Atlantic. Under Flitton's reign, a whole new world free of class distinction and full of biting, mischievous social comedy emerges.