Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Chinaman
- Divine Justice (the #1 New York Times bestseller)
- The Queen's Fool
- The Old Fool's Retirement Guide
Rob Davies, David Berger
- The Motley Fool UK Investment Guide: How the Fools beat the City's Wise men and how you can too (duży format)
- King of Fools: The Startling New Portrait of the Duke of Windsor
- Holy Fools (the number one bestseller)
The Sound of TrumpetsJohn Mortimer
The Sound of Trumpets is the third installment in The Rapstone Chronicles, and John Mortimer's social savvy dazzles once again. With the literary brilliance of Anthony Trollope and the savage wit of Christopher Buckley, Mortimer skewers political friends and foes with equal grace.
In this cunning portrait of the British class system and parliamentary politics, it is the new Labour government that bears the brunt of Mortimer's clever jabs. The merciless, avaricious antihero of Titmuss Regained and Paradise Postponed, Leslie Titmuss MP, has been deposed and the excess and greed of the 1980s have vanished. Paradise is here--in the form of Terry Flitton, a deadly accurate incarnation of the new centrist politician only too familiar on both sides of the Atlantic. Under Flitton's reign, a whole new world free of class distinction and full of biting, mischievous social comedy emerges.