Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Chinaman
- Divine Justice (the #1 New York Times bestseller)
- The Queen's Fool
- The Old Fool's Retirement Guide
Rob Davies, David Berger
- The Motley Fool UK Investment Guide: How the Fools beat the City's Wise men and how you can too (duży format)
- King of Fools: The Startling New Portrait of the Duke of Windsor
- Holy Fools (the number one bestseller)
World Without End (The No.1 New York Times bestseller)Ken Follett
On the day after Halloween, in the year 1327, four children slip away from the cathedral city of Kingsbridge. They are a thief, a bully, a boy genius and a girl who wants to be a doctor. In the forest they see two men killed.
As adults, their lives will be braided together by ambition, love, greed and revenge. They will see prosperity and famine, plague and war. One boy will travel the world but come home in the end; the other will be a powerful, corrupt nobleman. One girl will defy the might of the medieval church; the other will pursue an impossible love. And always they will live under the long shadow of the unexplained killing they witnessed on that fateful childhood day.
World Without End is the sequel to The Pillars of the Earth. However, it doesn’t matter which you read first. The second book is set in the same town, Kingsbridge, but takes place two hundred years later, and features the descendants of the original characters.