Poniżej wpisz nazwisko, tytuł, frazę, słowo którego szukasz:
Ostatnio dodane pozycje:
- The Jaguar Smile: A Nicaraguan Journey
- The Bodyguard's Story: Diana, the Crash and the Sole Survivor (The No.1 international bestseller), duży format
- Hideaway (the international bestseller)
- Celtic Magic Tales
Liam Mac Uistin
- The Pallisers: The Prime Minister
- The French Dancer's Bastard: The Story of Adele from "Jane Eyre" (an intriguing modern take on Bronte's popular masterpiece)
- Net Force
An Excellent Mystery: The Eleventh Chronicle of Brother Cadfael - a mediaeval whodunnitEllis Peters
In 1141 England is still torn by the civil strife caused by the struggle for the throne between King Stephen and the Empress Maud. Among the victims of the carnage is the Abbey of Hyde Meade, totally destroyed. Its brothers are scattered far and wide. Two seek refuge in Shrewsbury. Brother Humilis, who has abandoned his intended marriage and entered the cloister after crippling injuries received on Crusade; and the mute Fidelis, his devoted attendant.
All is well until Nicholas, once Humilis' squire, resolves to pay court on his own account to the girl who was his lord's affianced bride, and comes to ask his blessing on the suit. Then a latent tragedy becomes a present reality, and onlt the ever-indefatigable Brother Cadfael can distinguish between the innocent, the guilty - and the victims foredoomed by the demands of honour, love, and Fate.